What TherapyAid and you as a Therapist provide for the Unpaid Carer
TherapyAid will procure unpaid carers for the therapists via their contacts. Client-carers referred to and accepted by TherapyAid are entitled to a course of five FREE Therapy treatments at the discretion of the treating therapist after a consultation, but not before the procedure of referral and acceptance by TherapyAid has been undertaken.
Please ensure that you do not commence treatment until formal notification from TherapyAid. TherapyAid will pay for treatment up to a value of £100 per carer – one free treatment to be given by the Therapist as a donation for TherapyAid. The carer therefore has a course of five free treatments. The donated treatments to be the first treatment.
If a therapist is unsure of entitlement this must be referred back to TherapyAid for consultation with the referer over circumstances.
Therapists are reminded to ensure there are no contra-indications with the treatment they are giving and to signpost to another therapist (via TherapyAid) if they are not qualified to give the treatment they think would be suitable for the presenting condition. Any complaints or queries that arise must be raised through TherapyAid’s Trustees.
The support we ask from you
In addition to giving paid treatments, the Therapists are asked to:
- Keep a TherapyAid donation box in their private treatment room
- Join the Easyfunding scheme and encourage others to do the same • take part or organise at least one fundraising event per year
- Keep an eye out for news: all ideas for fundraising welcome!
- Please also advertise TherapyAid on your Facebook and web pages and any literature to spread the word and show what you are doing for a good cause.
- Ensure you refer back to TherapyAid any unpaid carers you may meet that need therapies not provided by yourself.
- Take video testimonials (where appropriate) at some point during the course of treatments to send to TherapyAid in order to use it for funding and marketing purposes – this is really important as it is true life testimony of the value of the therapies you and we practice. Written testimonials with a photo if possible are also welcome and needed.
TherapyAid will pay £25 per carers treatment on receipt of a monthly invoice and will be paid by BACS. A copy of treatment evidence to be sent to TherapyAid along with the invoice. Only records kept on TherapyAid official forms will be accepted (which are provided electronically) – you are welcome to keep your own version of records for your own purpose.
TherapyAid will not be responsible for any cancellations by the client. A fee will therefore not be payable. As we are a charity, unfortunately, mileage is not paid for home visits whether they take place or not.